Does weed go bad?
When stored properly dried, keeping it in a sealed container away from heat, moisture, and sunlight it should stay fresh and potent for up to a year.
Weed doesnt go bad the way milk does, but it can deffinitely be"off" and go moldy.
Unless you have underlying health conditions, bad weed likely will not lead to a serious health issue but bad weed may affect the following;
- inhaling moldy weed may contain bcteria or fungi that can cause health issues.
- aroma and potency
- texture and taste changes
- may smell musty
- may lead to nausea, vomiting and caughing
- may feel spongy and crumbly
Best ways to store your flowers and keep them potent:
- Light, humidity and oxygen can mess with cannabis and affect its potential
- Humidity - best kept at 59-60 % humidity with atemperature of 25 celsius to avoid your weed going to dry or too wet
- Storage, choose a tight glass container like a mason jar -they limit oxygen exposure unlike plastic bags and containers which affect the potency
- Keep it in the dark, cool, dry place- direct sunlight causes cannabis to break down and on the other hand keeping it in the freezer or fridge may break off the trichomes and loose its potency