How Long Does Weed Stay In Your System?
If you work for a company that requires drug tests, you might wonder how long it takes for weed to become undetectable. The answer is complicated. The length of time weed stays in your system varies depending on many factors, including:
- -Frequency of use
- -Level of THC, the psychoactive compound in cannabis that produces the high
- -Rate of metabolism
- -Your age, gender, and body mass index
Different tests detect weed in your system at different rates. You need to consider the type of drug test along with your frequency of weed use to calculate a detection time frame.
- -Occasional or moderate use: one to two days
- -Heavy use: up to 30 days
- -Occasional or moderate use: one to three days
- -Heavy use: up to 29 days
- -Occasional or moderate use: three to 15 days
- -Heavy use: 30 or more days
- -Hair follicle tests can detect weed in your system for up to 90 days.
The type of weed and how you ingest it is another factor in the length of detection. Edibles and oils will stay in your system longer than flower that you smoke or vape. Hash and other concentrates have very high THC levels and will remain in your system longer than different types of cannabis.
How Long Does it Take to Feel the Effects?
How quickly you feel the effects of THC and experience a high will depend on the method you use to get stoned as well as the product's potency.
- -Smoking or vaping flower or extract: When you smoke or vape, it quickly enters your bloodstream from your lungs. You usually feel the effects within 10 minutes.
- -Consuming an edible: Eating a THC-infused gummy, chocolate, or cookie takes longer than other methods to get you high because your digestive system must metabolize it before it hits your bloodstream. It will typically take 30 to 90 minutes for the high to kick in.
- -Dabbing a concentrate: Concentrates are highly potent, with THC levels up to 80%. Dabbing uses a special pipe—similar to a bong—to smoke shatter and other concentrates. You will feel the high almost immediately after dabbing.
How Long Until it Wears Off?
Once again, the answer to how long a high will last depends on THC potency, dosage, and the method you used to consume the cannabis.
- -Smoking: Smoking weed gives you a quick high that also loses its power relatively quickly. The high typically peaks within the first 30 minutes, but you can feel the effects for between one and four hours.
- -Vaping: Like smoking, vaping gets you stoned within minutes. However, depending on the device you're using, the most substantial effects of the high last longer than if you’ve been smoking. You can feel the effects for up to four hours.
- -Eating: Edibles provide the longest-lasting high. The peak of the high usually hits around two to three hours after first eating the product, and the effects can last up to six hours.
Finding the right product, potency, and correct dosage can be complicated. Count on Cheeba's—Canada's leading online marijuana dispensary—to guide you through the process and deliver weed directly to your door. Shop now at Cheeba's.