You first heard about it from your cousin Ricky, grandma’s asking about it for her knee pain, and suddenly every influencer on Instagram is suddenly sponsored by a CBD company. Well, let us give you the 411. CBD is a cannabinoid that is found in both cannabis and hemp plants. Unlike its' well-known brother THC, which is responsible for getting you high, CBD has a completely different effect when consumed. It has ZERO psychoactive properties which means it will not get you high, unless of course you are consuming it with a blend of THC.
What benefits does CBD have on the body?
What it does is decrease inflammation in the body which has a huge amount of benefits:
- decrease in inflammation works wonders on body, joint, and muscle pain
- induce a calming effect and as such has been used to treat anxiety
What are the different types of CBD?
There are three different types of CBD; Full Spectrum, Isolate, and Broad Spectrum. Each one is slightly different and has different benefits:
- Full Spectrum benefits from the ‘Entourage Effect’ which is the theory that cannabis ingredients work best together rather than isolated. Not recommended for THC sensitive users as there are trace amounts of it found in Full Spectrum CBD.
- CBD Isolate is pure CBD. All the other ingredients have been extracted and removed and all that is left is pure CBD. Isolate has zero psychoactive effects and is what is used in clinical trials.
- Broad Spectrum is the between where the THC has been fully removed but it contains the other flavonoids, terpenes, and cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Broad Spectrum also has zero psychoactive effect but still benefits from the ‘Entourage Effect’
Sounds great right? If that’s all you need to know then get shopping! Cheebas is the best place to buy CBD online in Canada, as we carry a huge variety of CBDs.